Steppin Up To Mega-Muscle E-Book Review
Why do you sometimes feel in such control of the iron that the weight feels light even though the bar is loaded with more than you’ve ever lifted before? Why do you sometimes get a skin-stretching pump and FEEL every fiber in the muscle you’re working as if you have a pure mind to muscle connection? Why do you sometimes feel mega-motivated, as if you could bench press an apartment complex and take on the world? Why do you sometimes slip into a “cocoon of concentration” during your training, as if you had gone into a trance, allowing nothing to distract your from accomplishing the task at hand?
The answer is…
you were using your mental power to achieve peak physical performance, but you didn’t even realize you were doing it.
We all have those moments when we slip into the “ZONE” or into that state known as “FLOW.” Unfortunately for most of us, those moments are few and far between.
Most people are totally at the mercy of their random moods and fluctuating motivation. Their strength and energy levels go up and down from day to day. Some days you’re on fire. Some days you feel like a slug.
But what if you could learn how to consciously control your emotions and mental state and access that zone of peak performance AT WILL… EVERY TIME you set foot in the gym?
Achieving that kind of mental control and self-mastery is possible. But only with a structured program of mental training and an organized series of peak performance techniques at your disposal.
That’s exactly what Pete Siegel does best. Pete has been teaching mental training techniques to professional bodybuilders and athletes for three decades, but for the first time ever, he has now created a downloadable program that gives you instant access to the same “Power Mind” training that the pros pay him thousands of dollars to get from him in person.
In his new e-book, Steppin Up To Mega Muscle And Power, Pete Siegel teaches you how to:
- Stay totally focused and motivated in the gym
- Increase your level of performance workout after workout
- Develop the discipline of a world champion
- Learn how to overcome the pain barrier
- Skyrocket your confidence to attack heavier weights and break personal records
- Snap out of any negative mood into a peak state at will
- Magnify your emotional power so optimum motivation is yours at will
- Convert your untapped potential into tangible results
I admit it. I’m a sucker for this kind of information. I buy EVERYTHING that has to do with mental training, sports psychology, NLP, hypnosis and peak performance, and I have since I was a teenager. I have an unquenchable appetite for this type of information and I have put it to great use with tangible results in my bodybuilding (with a nice bonus – I have used the same principles with great success in business as well).
But is this program for you and will the techniques work for you?
Well, there’s no question that this program is not for everyone. I don’t think every person who just “works out” is going to appreciate what Pete teaches in this ebook.
First of all, this program is for serious bodybuilders. If you’re not a bodybuilder and you’re not serious, you don’t need to read any further.
On the other hand, this ebook comes highly recommended IF…
- You want a physique and level of strength that is far BEYOND the ordinary (When the “Men’s Fitness” look just isnt enough)
- You are interested in gaining an extra edge in your muscular development – a natural, legal, ethical edge
- You are fascinated by sports and peak performance psychology
- You KNOW you have far more potential inside you that you haven’t tapped into yet
- You have a very open mind and are willing to experiment with methods that “normal” people might consider “weird”
Some of the specific techniques Pete teaches inside the book include:
- Pre – workout subconscious priming – do this before you work out – even while sitting in your car in the gym parking lot
- The 10 attitudes of champions – integrate these into your own mindset and you will begin to perform like a champion
- The 12 factors necessary to sustain high powered motivation in the gym
- The “Blast out of your rut” strategy
- The “anchoring” technique for peak workout performance – fire the anchor and you immediately go into a peak state.
- The 4 part Mega-confidence ignition strategy
One of my favorite techniques from the book is the anchoring strategy. Anchoring is a technique from Neuro Linguistic programming (NLP) that works based on the neuroscience-proven principle of stimulus-response conditioning. The downside of this technique is that it must be done with precision and exactly according to the instructions. If you just toy around with it, it’s not going to work.
When done properly, the results are quite astounding. You can literally snap yourself out of any funky mood into a peak state at will. It’s almost uncanny how you can explode from a motivational “flat line” to racing heart rate, heavy breathing, adrenaline flowing and fierce mental focus at the drop of a hat.
I also enjoyed the 12 factors for high powered motivation in the gym (chapter 3, page 24). No deep psychology here. Just very practical and very easy to apply motivation strategies.
Overall, I rate stepping up to mega muscle and power 4.5 out of 5 stars. I give it 5 stars without hesitation for the content and the proven mental training techniques. I give it 4 stars for the writing style (4.5 overall). I’ve enjoyed Pete’s articles since the days of his 1980’s Muscle and Fitness columns, but his exclamatory, action-verb-filled, hyper-enthusiastic writing style may be a bit much for some people.
Pete is an intense man with a commanding presence. He is sometimes overwhelming, even “over the top” with his writing, as he is in person with his speech (listen to our podcast to hear for yourself!) But maybe that’s exactly why he is the best at what he does. He is an “in-your-face”, “you-will-get-results-OR-ELSE” kind of guy.
If you’re a serious bodybuilder, you have a burning desire to get greater results from your bodybuilding efforts. You’re not satisfied with an average physique. You’re not satisfied with just going through the motions. You’re the uncommon man – or woman – who walks a path that few others will ever understand let alone walk themselves. As such, you want an extra edge to achieve these lofty goals.
It’s a shame that some people turn to steroids when that extra performance edge may be right between your own ears, and when we have books like Pete Siegel’s to help us tap into it.
Believe me, you haven’t even scratched the surface of your potential. Neither have I. That’s why I read books like this one and I recommend you do too.
To order Pete’s book or get more information, visit: